HOBY exists to motivate and empower individuals to make a positive difference within our society through understanding and action based on effective and compassionate leadership. To accomplish this, we strive to inspire and develop our community of youth and volunteers to a life dedicated to leadership, service and innovation.
The 2018 HOBY SoCal Junior Staff application is now available! Please complete it below. If you have any questions, please contact Rasa Rafie. Please also complete the HOBY International Volunteer Application. Here are the requirements to be on HOBY SoCal Junior Staff:
1) Attend HOBY SoCal 2017 in its entirety, with staff arriving by 6pm on Thursday, and staying through 7pm on Sunday at Chapman University in Orange, CA.
2) Attend HOBY SoCal Staff Training Day in its entirety, approximately 9am to 6pm one month before the seminar. Date and location will be announced in the coming months. Attend the Junior Staff Training Day in April. Exact date TBD.
3) Fundraise a minimum of $250 for HOBY with at least one business contribution. Submit fundraising money by December 31st, 2017.
4) Ensure that at least one sophomore from your high school is registered for HOBY by December 1st, 2017.
5) Complete and log 100 hours of Leadership for Service hours at hoby.org. You must complete and log 50 hours by December 31st, 2017, and all 100 hours by March 31st, 2018.
6) Attend one of the two JC interviews (new applicants only). Dates TBD.
7) Compete and submit Pre-Seminar Packet no later than May 1st, 2018.